The Repulse soundcard is a high-end user product for all Amiga with Zorro II extension. This soundcard combines the latest sound technologies with a low price.
Repulse uses 3.3V technology to minimize power consumption.
The card is connected to the Zorro II bus by an interface
which offers full bandwidth. So the hardware does not need any waitstates. Repulse has 64 KByte
sample FIFO to reduce CPU load extremely. The analog part is done by a
high quality AC'97 audio codec. AC'97 codecs are used in nearly all PCI
PC sound cards. The audio codec supports sample resolutions upto 20 Bit for
playback and 18 Bit for record. With the enhanced full duplex mode playing and recording can
be done at the same time. Additionally the Repulse sound card has a S/P-DIF In/Output which supports upto 24 Bit and
96 kHz, which is used even in PC marked only on professional audio products.
- Zorro II interface with zero waitstates
Usable in any A2/3/4000 and A500/A1200 with Zorro II expansion.
- Sampling rates from 8 to 48 kHz including 44.1 kHz and 96 kHz S/P-DIF
- Support for 16 bit, 18 bit, 20 bit and 24 bit (S/P-DIF) samples in mono or stereo
- Enhanced full duplex recording
- The "Feature Connector" for extentions e.g. a MP3 decoder module.
- 3D sound function for games
- The Repulse soundcard provides a variety of inputs and outputs.
- 1x optical digital output (max 24 bit/ 96 kHz, S/P-DIF compatible)
capable to transfer standard PCM sound or encoded streams like Dolby Digital AC-3,
MPEG Multichannel and DTS.
- 1x optical digital input (max 24 bit/ 96 kHz, S/P-DIF compatible)
- 1x stereo line in (extern)
- 1x stereo line out (extern)
- 1x mono microphone in (extern)
- 1x independent stereo headphones out (extern)
- 3 internal stereo inputs to connect CD-ROMs etc.
- Mixer: All inputs (except S/P-DIF) can be mixed together. It's possible to record not just from one input,
but from all simultaniously.
- The volume can be changed for every in- and output separatly.
- AHI driver
Nearly all available soundtools are using AHI, so they can be used with
the Repulse soundcard.
- With the mixer preferences all volumes can be changed in realtime and it's used to setup the S/P-DIF input/output.
- Toccata emulation
- Stream player to play encoded data via S/P-DIF output
- Stream extractor to extract encoded streams S/P-DIF input
- Full version of SoundFX!
- Driver for ProStation Audio of AudioLabs
- Many tools, shareware and demo versions on CD.